FOOTBALL OBSESSED? Read on! I’m on the hunt for a Social Media Strategist to join the Head Office of a well-known and much loved company. A PLC and global powerhouse with a £4bl turn over, the business has gone from strength to strength in the last 40 years and is now hiring several significant roles within its Marketing team.
Working in partnership with the Senior Marketing Manager responsible for football, the Head of Content and a Community Manager, the Social Media Strategist will deliver creative and effective social strategy social channels, ensuring that all social communication reflects the brand’s purpose, delivers on key marketing objectives, moves at the speed of culture, and reflects people’s changing relationship with existing and new social platforms. Key channels will include Instagram, TikTok & YouTube with a secondary focus on Facebook & Twitter. There is also an exciting launch regarding social channels in Q2 which the new hire will be heavily involved in.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF…
You are football (and sport obsessed) and looking for an opportunity to innovate. You would like to be involved in the development of strategy, creative concepts, content, and campaign implementation. You should also be aware that this is not a 9-5 pm role and to successfully reinforce the strategy you must be open to work around key sporting fixtures and moments that sit outside of office hours.
DAY TO DAY
- Lead the ongoing social strategy audit – identifying areas for improvement, and short and longer-term opportunities.
- Lead strategy development – mapping the overarching social strategy against clear KPI’s that include Community Engagement, Reach, Channel Growth, UGC Submissions among others.
- Be the strategic backbone of the Football creative engine, ensuring all content produced across all channels is on brand, on strategy and fuelled by social insight.
- Ensure that influencer campaigns are strategically and culturally relevant collaborating closely with the Head of PR & Influencer Marketing on campaigns.
- Keep the wider team up to date on how audience engagement with the platforms is changing (e.g. TikTok) by curating insights and developing thought pieces.
- Identify opportunities for creative innovation together with our brand partners and the wider Football content team.
- Create a clear pathway for the creative team to follow to ensure they are delivering on strategy
- Deliver the weekly social snapshot
- Monitor strategic monthly social reports sharing insight and recommendations on how our community managers can optimise activity against targets.
- Manage social listening tools for the team and use to facilitate thinking.
This is a great company to join; it’s exciting and innovating. The rewards across financial and professional development are there, not to mention the opportunity to work with numerous external creative supplier agencies, build you own professional network to include high level sports industry stakeholders, talent and more.
This really is a career-defining role!
Candidates with relevant experience, please contact me for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org / 07970 620 458